Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 4th, 2010, 170 years later

The 2010 Cowey/Cowie Reunion , held at Harwood, Ontario, was a triumph. We were able to gather once again. That this was the 2nd Reunion, I am pleased with the support that John and Jane's descendants have given to the idea of preserving their memory.
We have lost loved ones this past year, but we have also welcomed new members born to the Family. I plan to provide the news on this blog.
So many thanks must go to several people that helped make this Reunion so special: Nancy Gibson, Shane Gibson, Nicole Gibson, Neil Broomfield, Barbara Clements, Rachael Clements, Heather Jay, Len Vivian, and Art Broomfield.
In the following blogs I will explain each of their contributions.
I would also like to suggest what we could add to our "Family Museum Display". I hope this was a highlight of the Reunion. Space must be provided for these displays at each Reunion.

No comments: